Commuter Service Points
Commuter students enrolled in the Chapel/Convocation Series are eligible to earn up to seven attendance points by engaging in community service at the location of their choice.
How do I participate?
- Go to http://my.rc.edu
- Log in
- Click on “Chapel”
- Click on “Community Service Sign Up”
- Complete and submit web form
You do not need to have all the details of your service worked out prior to signing up. If you have an idea for service…great! Describe it on the web form. If you need some ideas for service, indicate that on the form and we can give you suggestions. You will ultimately schedule your own service opportunities with legitimate social service, non-profit, or religious organizations. You will also be responsible to track your hours and report them after you have worked them on another web form (“Service Hours Tracking Form”).
To receive Commuter Service Points you must follow through with all of the steps.
- Sign up for the Commuter Service Track by the deadline of November 7 by completing the appropriate web form.
- Engage in service with an appropriate organization during the semester up to seven hours.
- Report those hours on the Service Hours Tracking web form (which will ask for specific dates, contact information for your organization’s supervisor, and a short reflection of your experience) by the last day of classes before Finals Week (December 12).