Did you know we are called into movement through the Holy Spirit? ELEVATE 2016 explores this through the text of Romans 8, where Paul communicates the power of a life guided by the Holy Spirit. We are not only called into this movement individually, but as a community. There is a SURGE in God’s movement. Will you join?
ELEVATE is about forming lasting relationships with the peers in your small group, digging into God’s word, worshipping, growing in your relationship with Jesus, hanging with old and new friends, serving together and, of course, having all the fun!
Meet the 2016 Elevate Directors
Dan Henegar is the Minister to Families with Youth at Rochester Church of Christ. Dan has been in full-time youth ministry for 14 years and directed Southern California Teen Camp for 9 years.
Dan’s favorite quote as a youngling was, “if you build it, they will come!” He applied this quote as a child in southern California when he entered a national sand castle building competition. He built it, but no one came to see it. It has haunted him ever since.
Cole McClure is the Student Minister at Valley Church of Christ. Cole has been in full-time ministry for 2 years.
Cole’s favorite activity as an adult is attending Star Trek conventions. He says, “I love the vibe at these things! It is just so cool. I Being a trekkie has always been my greatest achievement in life!” Just don’t say Star TRAK around him, he is a little sensitive about the mispronunciation.
Dan and Cole love Elevate and love ministering to students. They believe that God has tremendous things in store for Elevate 2016.
ELEVATE is a week-long summer camp on the campus of Rochester College for students entering the 7th grade through graduating seniors. Some campers attend as part of their youth groups, and others attend as independents. Students listen to our well-regarded guest speakers, share in small groups, praise during worship time, and participate in all types of recreation and entertainment.
//Campers & Cost
Students must be in 7th grade in the fall of 2016 through graduating seniors.
- Early Bird Registration until May 31: $175
- Late Registration or At-the-Door Registration: $195
- Additional Sibling Registration: $125
- If you have two kids the first will be charged $175, and the second will be charged $125.
- 1st Chaperone is free, any additional is $125 each.
- Note: lost room keys will result in a $60 charge at the end of the week.
ELEVATE is a Christian camp and we ask that you be respectful of other campers, counselors, Rochester students, employees, and property. To help clarify, we now provide you with the ELEVATE 10 Commandments:
- Thou shalt honor God with all that you do and say.
- Thou shalt honor and serve others above yourself.
- Thou shalt have a good attitude at all times and actively participate in making new friends.
- Thou shalt remember that cleanliness is next to Godliness, and thou shalt shower daily.
- Thou shalt respect Rochester College property.
- Thou shalt obey and show respect to the Elevate staff.
- Thou shalt stay on the Rochester College campus at all times during ELEVATE.
- Thou shalt dress appropriately.
- Thou shalt never be in the residence hall rooms of the opposite gender.
- Thou shalt not whine.
- ELEVATE is a cell phone free zone. Cell phone are NOT allowed. Students who need to contact a parent or guardian for emergency purposes must make arrangements to do so with the Camp Director and a phone will be made available. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in the confiscation of the cellular device where it will be stored in a secure location until check out on Saturday.
- Possession of tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, or weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited and will result in immediate expulsion from the camp at parents’ expense.
- Campers must remain on the Rochester College campus. Being caught off campus without permission will result in immediate expulsion from the camp at parents’ expense.
- The Rochester College residence halls are NOT coed. Girls may not be in boys’ halls or rooms, and vice versa, at any time for any reason. Failure to follow this rule will result in immediate expulsion from the camp at parents’ expense.
This week is about honoring God and having fun making friends, not drawing attention to ourselves. For this reason, modesty is very important. Because of this, we have a few rules concerning our dress code:
- Don’t bring clothing without sleeves (guys and girls). You will not be allowed to wear it under any circumstances, including recreation time. Inappropriate clothing for ELEVATE includes any sleeveless apparel, (for example, sundresses, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, athletic shirts, and cut-off T-shirts) and clothing that exposes any part of the mid-section when standing, sitting, or bending over.
- Shorts may be worn, but they must be modest length. At ELEVATE, we define “modest” as those shorts which are below the fingertips when standing straight, arms to the side. This length applies to athletic shorts as well, and will be enforced throughout the week.
- Skin tight clothing (tops, spandex, tight jeans, etc.), halter tops, or otherwise revealing clothing are inappropriate for ELEVATE and are to be left at home. Girls should not bring any low-cut shirts/tops.
- Clothing should not contain inappropriate images or language.
// What to Bring
- A good attitude
- Bedding (sleeping bag or sheets/blankets, and a pillow)
- Laundry Bag (plastic trash bags work well too)
- Towels (at least 2) & Washcloths
- Toiletries (shampoo/conditioner, soap, comb/brush, toothbrush/paste, deodorant, etc.)
- Shower Shoes
- Box Fan
- Alarm Clock
- Swim Suit (appropriate—one piece suits please)
- Clothing (enough for seven full days)
Do Not Bring:
- A Bad Attitude
- Personal Electronics – Please do not bring any iPods, MP3 Players, Radios, Computers, Video Game Systems, etc. These valuable items are liable to be broken or stolen or lost. Also, they tend to make people very anti-social, and we want to make sure that everyone makes lots of new friends. Spiritually, we want to make sure that we can get away from all of the noise that generally clogs our minds and makes us unable to hear God’s voice, and leaving these items at home will help. If you bring these items to ELEVATE, they will be confiscated and returned to you at the end of the week.
- Jewelry – These valuable items are liable to be broken or stolen or lost, so please don’t bring any to ELEVATE.
- Roller blades, skateboards, water guns, water balloons, etc. These items can cause injury to you and others.
- Tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, and weapons of any kind. Any of these will result in your expulsion from camp. This includes pocket knives of any kind. I know that some people regularly carry these as a part of a key chain, but all forms of knives and weapons need to be left at home (yes… even dull ones).
// Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where do I stay? A: Campers are housed in campus residence halls. Each room is suite-style (two two-person rooms connected by a full bathroom) and has two twin-sized bed, desks, and dressers. These rooms are not air-conditioned, so you may want to bring a fan to keep cool. You may list a roommate preference on your registration form. Q: What is expected of the campers? A: Campers are expected to attend all activities. Participating in the planned activities is a big part of making ELEVATE a great experience. Campers are also expected to obey the rules and help create a positive atmosphere conducive to spiritual growth. Q: What are the small groups like? A: Small groups provide a place for bonding and discussion among everyone at ELEVATE. Each camper will be assigned to a small group of their peers with two staff leaders. You will meet with your small group several times throughout the day, and it will also be your team for all games and events. Q: Do you have a camp nurse? A: Yes, we have a camp nurse. The nurse is used by campers who are sick or injured; he or she is not to be relied upon to dispense daily medications. Q: Do I get to take anything home with me to remember the week? A: When you check in, you’ll receive an official ELEVATE t-shirt.
Please mail consent form to:
Rochester Church of Christ
250 West Avon Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48307