COMPANY NAME: Open Dealer Exchange
INDUSTRY: Computer System Design and Related Services
ADDRESS: 27777 Franklin Rd., Suite 1850
CONTACT PERSON: Recruiting Department
LOCATION OF POSITION: Southfield, MI
TITLE OF OPEN POSITION: Senior Java Developer
POSITION TYPE: Job
JOB STATUS: Full-time
RESPONSIBILITIES: Open Dealer Exchange was founded by the two leading transactional point-of-sale system providers in the industry — ADP Dealer Services and Reynolds and Reynolds. Access is not limited to just ADP and Reynolds and Reynolds clients; any and every dealer management, CRM, or F&I system provider can join as a channel partner.
Open Dealer Exchange has a direct hire opportunity for a Senior JAVA Developer to join their team. ODE is looking for someone with broad development knowledge and experience. The Senior JAVA Developer will enhance our customer-integrated applications, web services, MySQL database and administrative applications.
ODE is currently seeking an individual with experience mentoring and providing guidance to Junior and Mid-Level JAVA Application Developers. This position requires the candidate to meet with customers and deliver technical solutions to development, sales and executive teams. This position requires someone who is capable of owning comprehensive, complex enterprise solutions. The candidate must understand and execute standard SDLC (software development life cycle) for various application enhancements and system integrations. This position will play an integral role with growth opportunities for both the individual and the company.
• Work with the IT Management team to develop high quality, mission critical, web service-based applications.
• Work with development team to establish the use of object-oriented (OO) design patterns and data modeling.
• Work with business analyst to gather business and functional requirements, and transfer the business and functional requirements into technical design specifications.
• Willingness and aptitude for working with various new infrastructure technologies as needs arise.
o Responsible for development and enhancement of web service based applications.
o Lead the development of web service integrations with new business customers.
o Assist in managing development application environment.
o Review internal processes, procedures, methodologies (Project Management, Software Engineering, and Infrastructure Engineering, etc.), standards and work with management to ensure process is repeatable and efficient.
• Work with development team to establish standards, processes and procedures, including build priority and implementation strategy.
o Review software code to ensure compliance with industry standards.
o Lead documentation of new application development standards.
o Build and execute test plans and scripts as required. Document application behaviors, results and issues.
o Establish company configuration management practices for code check in/check out, version control and overall management. This includes managing corporate configuration management server (technical documents, source code, document templates).
o Review existing company technical documentation to ensure consistent professional results that can be utilized other team members.
• Assist in technical phone screening of potential new hires and mentor programmers.
REQUIREMENTS: PREFERRED SKILLS:
• Rich hands-on experience on J2EE stack of technologies and Object oriented design patterns
• Hands-on experience on software technologies and standards such Spring, EJB, Spring MVC, Apache Axis, AJAX, jQuery, aspect-oriented programming, SOAP and REST based webservices.
• Hands-on experience on Websphere 6.1 or higher, Jboss Application server 7.0 or higher; and drools engine.
• Hands-on experience with SVN, RAD, Eclipse and SOAP-UI.
• Hands-on experience with dynamic languages such as Groovy is desirable.
• Experience in developing and supporting scalable web service solution using caching and No-SQL architecture.
• Experience with linux OS, PDF rendering, and digital signature is desirable.
• Familiarity with distributed memcache and dynacache.
• Self-motivated and capable of working in a dynamic environment.
PREFERRED ACADEMIC PROGRAM: Considering all Majors
DEGREE STATUS: Bachelor’s
GPA: 2.00 minimum
WORK AUTHORIZATION: Eligible to work in the U.S.
APPLICATION METHOD: E-mail email@example.com
COMPENSATION TYPE: Paid
SALARY/BENEFITS: Competitive Salary
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference your school by adding ROCHCOLJP to the subject line of your email.