COMPANY NAME: Open Dealer Exchange
INDUSTRY: Computer System Design and Related Services
ADDRESS: 27777 Franklin Rd., Suite 1850
CONTACT PERSON: Recruiting Department
LOCATION OF POSITION: Southfield, MI
TITLE OF OPEN POSITION: Infrastructure Engineer
POSITION TYPE: Job
JOB STATUS: Full-time
RESPONSIBILITIES: Open Dealer Exchange was founded by the two leading transactional point-of-sale system providers in the industry — ADP Dealer Services and Reynolds and Reynolds. Access is not limited to just ADP and Reynolds and Reynolds clients; any and every dealer management, CRM, or F&I system provider can join as a channel partner.
Your success is our success, The primary goal of Open Dealer Exchange is to help you improve operational efficiencies, enhance your brand value and better integrate the loan origination process. In addition to auto loans, Open Dealer Exchange can facilitate presentation of a wider array of your finance source products at any point in the sales process. Open Dealer Exchange does not sell dealer transactional point-of-sale systems or dealer focused processing solutions. Our audience is the auto finance industry, not the dealers. Open Dealer Exchange focuses on the goals you want to accomplish, giving you reliable access to dealer credit transactions and a better way to tie operational expenses back to contracted loans.
Open Dealer Exchange has a direct hire opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their team. We are looking for someone with broad infrastructure knowledge and experience. This position will require more than just the traditional database skills and will require branching out into other areas of the Infrastructure spectrum. The position will require someone with the following knowledge and skills:
• Familiarity with Linux OS and the Linux Command Line.
• Familiarity with Windows Server Technologies (2003, 2008 R2)
• Familiarity with VMware and virtualized servers
• Familiarity with general database administrative tasks
This resource would be expected to:
• Troubleshoot and support the operations
• Participate in our production support weekly rotation
• Support our Development, Test, QA and Production environments
• Provide Linux and Windows Server and Desktop OS support and administration
The role of the members of the Infrastructure Engineering team is to proactively maintain the server and desktop infrastructure across multiple locations to ensure high availability of mission critical applications. Ability to efficiently resolve issues at the server and desktop levels is critical. In addition to maintaining the database environment, the database administrator will be responsible for recommending and implementing technological improvements and supporting the team in delivering mission critical projects.
• Work with the Infrastructure Team Members to maintain high service levels across the company.
• Willingness and aptitude for working with various new infrastructure technologies as needs arise.
• Work with other internal and external infrastructure engineers to maintain mission critical services and applications.
• Assist in supporting domestic sites and 50+ servers.
• Minimum of 2 years experience with strong Microsoft and Linux server background.
• Experience with VMWare Virtualization
Desired Skills and Experience:
• MySQL Cluster 7.x and MySQL Cluster Manager 1.6.x
• MS SQL Server 2008
• Microsoft IIS 5,6, or 7 and/or Apache Web Server 2.x
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science or related experience.
PREFERRED ACADEMIC PROGRAM: Considering all Majors
DEGREE STATUS: Bachelor’s
GPA: 2.00 minimum
WORK AUTHORIZATION: Eligible to work in the U.S.
APPLICATION METHOD: E-mail email@example.com
COMPENSATION TYPE: Paid
SALARY/BENEFITS: Competitive Salary
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference your school by adding ROCHCOLJP to the subject line of your email.