Chair Covers & Linens, Inc.
Job Title: Technical Writing Intern
Reports To: Executive Team
FLSA Status: Unpaid Internship
Date: November 9, 2012
Company Introduction: Chair Covers & Linens is an American success story! Our company was founded by a team of event professionals dedicated to providing affordable and elegant chair covers to anyone who wanted to make their event extraordinary. The primary focus, then and now, remains how to help our customers transform an ordinary room into something magical without spending a fortune.
Today, we are leaders in our industry. Our team of award winning staff is dedicated to turning our clients’ dreams into reality. Our creativity is backed by our extensive national presence that enables us to execute hundreds of events nationwide each week.
Job Summary: Assists in the writing on company documents and special projects, as assigned.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
• Documents business processes and writes detailed functional requirements.
• Peer review technical documents for grammar, context, and style of writing.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with the organization’s product line. Adhere to all quality standards.
• Comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and memos, and state and federal safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
• Maintain good communications in the department and throughout the organization.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be a proven self motivator, with self-guided disciplines. Must have the ability to work with little to no supervision, along with the ability to work within a team environment. Must possess accelerated computer skills. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment under tight time constraints.