Job Title: Post Closing Associate – Audit
Location: Troy, MI
To Apply: careers.flagstar.com (Job ID# 20120982)
Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Michigan, is a full-service bank with 111 branches in communities across Michigan. Chartered in 1987 as a federal savings bank, today Flagstar has assets of $14.0 billion. We are the largest banking company headquartered in Michigan, the ninth largest mortgage originator in the country, and one of the nation’s top 15 largest savings banks. We offer a wide range of products and services for individuals and businesses — all delivered with award-winning service. From consumer loans and credit cards, to treasury management and specialty lending, we bring the full resources of a commercial bank to our customers.
We like to pride ourselves on being a different employer as well. You’ll find a dynamic work environment where employees of all levels interact with one another, exchange ideas, and grow personally and professionally. People power our business.
• Perform data analysis for management.
• Conduct new hire training and audits for Post Closing.
• Demonstrates a proficiency in loan/document analysis of a more complex nature.
• Analyze and review loans that have already been processed for accuracy.
• Analyze current departmental procedures.
• Ensure loan documentation is signed by authorized person(s).
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Work independently and take responsibility for decision-making.
• Work with extreme attention to detail.
• Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
• Analyzing current Post Closing processes.
• Performing quarterly SOX testing.
• Performing Monthly Post Closing Audits.
• Assisting other Post Closing Departments with Production.
• Must possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent. Some college coursework is preferred.
• Previous mortgage experience is helpful but not required.
• Excellent attention to detail, Excellent organization and time management skills,
• Ability to work in Windows based programs.
• Employee may be required to work overtime based on business need.
Flagstar Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer