Job Title: Mortgage Processor
Location: Troy, MI
To Apply: careers.flagstar.com (Job ID# 20120568)
Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Michigan, is a full-service bank with 111 branches in communities across Michigan. Chartered in 1987 as a federal savings bank, today Flagstar has assets of $14.0 billion. We are the largest banking company headquartered in Michigan, the ninth largest mortgage originator in the country, and one of the nation’s top 15 largest savings banks. We offer a wide range of products and services for individuals and businesses — all delivered with award-winning service. From consumer loans and credit cards, to treasury management and specialty lending, we bring the full resources of a commercial bank to our customers.
We like to pride ourselves on being a different employer as well. You’ll find a dynamic work environment where employees of all levels interact with one another, exchange ideas, and grow personally and professionally. People power our business.
• Process and close first mortgage transactions. Employee will be required to process and close FHA, VA, Rural Housing and Conventional product lines.
• Must be familiar with underwriting and regulatory requirements. Expected to maintain an average active pipeline of 60 loans.
• Contact customers for missing documentation, submitting loans to Underwriting and ordering necessary documentation through third party vendors.
• Contact internal or external customers to procure additional information required to complete files.
• Distribute and track files referred to Underwriters for review.
• Review loan documentation for completeness and accuracy.
• Verify loan-to-value ratios, completeness of application information and credit reports.
• Ensure adherence to company standards; Meet quality and quantity requirements.
• Enter new loan applications on computer system.
• Examines documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with existing underwriting guidelines.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Making required disclosure to borrowers.
• Obtains necessary information to process and complete loan files, including ordering credit reports and appraisals.
• Strong knowledge of products and underwriting guidelines.
• Must possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent. Some college coursework is preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years previous experience.
• Must be organized, detail oriented and possess superior communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent attention to detail, Excellent organization and time management skills,
• Ability to work in Windows based programs.
• Employee may be required to work overtime based on business need.
Flagstar Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer