Job Title: Mortgage Closer
Location: Troy, MI
To Apply: careers.flagstar.com (Job ID# 20120480)
Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Michigan, is a full-service bank with 111 branches in communities across Michigan. Chartered in 1987 as a federal savings bank, today Flagstar has assets of $14.0 billion. We are the largest banking company headquartered in Michigan, the ninth largest mortgage originator in the country, and one of the nation’s top 15 largest savings banks. We offer a wide range of products and services for individuals and businesses — all delivered with award-winning service. From consumer loans and credit cards, to treasury management and specialty lending, we bring the full resources of a commercial bank to our customers.
We like to pride ourselves on being a different employer as well. You’ll find a dynamic work environment where employees of all levels interact with one another, exchange ideas, and grow personally and professionally. People power our business.
Flagstar Bank is seeking a dynamic individual to join our funding team as a closer at our headquarters in Troy. This individual will be responsible for reviewing information pertinent to the closing process and filter through required compliance issues relative to the closing process of a residential mortgage.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum 2-5 years of closing, funding or similar mortgage banking background required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of current compliance changes to Reg Z, Respa, GFE, and MDIA are preferred.
• Ability to multi-task while still maintaining careful attention to detail.
• Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workflow.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate coverage for the west coast.
Flagstar Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer