Program Assistant — Office Intake & Service Coordination
General Purpose: Assist with a variety of responsibilities that allow the Interfaith Volunteer
Caregivers Program to provide direct supportive services to those in need of help.
Focus will be on intake of new requests, provision of program information and
alternate resources, and scheduling/coordination of specific tasks such as
transportation, chores and repairs. Will also assist with with the ongoing support of
program volunteers and clients, and coordinate service provision with other
organizations in the community.
Qualifications: Primary qualifications include exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to
deal effectively with a wide variety of people. Position requires strong
organizational skills and a high level of productivity. Must work well as part of a
team. Strong computer and technology skills are required. A familiarity with
community resources, volunteer programs, and services for older/disabled adults is
helpful. Must also have strong commitment to the mission of IVC.
Requirements: While the majority of the work will be during normal office hours, some
assignments may need to be done outside of the office, including occasional
evening and weekend work. Job duties will include some minimal physical work
such as bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting objects under 50 pounds.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
INTAKE & SERVICE PROVISION
1. Assist with the intake of new requests for help, and the provision of program information to new
2. Direct callers to alternate or additional community resources, as needed, and keep up to date on
the changing resources available in the community.
3. Assist with coordination of transportation, chore and repair requests, as needed, scheduling
volunteers, and following up on progress of specific tasks.
4. Help organize and facilitate group projects for congregations, businesses and other organizations.
5. Assist with review calls to volunteers and clients to check on their current needs.
6. Conduct periodic status checks of persons on waiting lists.
7. Provide ongoing support to program volunteers and clients, responding to a wide variety of
individual issues that arise during the course of service provision.
8. Work with Volunteer Coordinators on special projects that provide information and support to
volunteers and clients.
9. Help schedule and participate in community outreach events, sharing information about program
8075 Ritter, Center Line, MI 48015
2600 Pontiac Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326
10. Coordinate service provision with other local organizations, to avoid duplication of services and
enhance more coordinated support for older and disabled adults in the community.
11. Process related portions of client and volunteer records, keeping all necessary information
12. Document client and volunteer information in computer database.
CLERICAL & GENERAL:
13. Help supervise and support office volunteers, providing meaningful and appropriate assignments.
14. Provide back-up support as needed to front office staff, filling in with various clerical and office
support tasks as needed.
15. Assist with special program events and fundraisers.
16. Other duties as assigned.
• Three weeks paid-time off per calendar year, pro-rated for part-time staff. (Includes leave for vacation,
illness or personal reasons.)
• Eight paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day,
Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve), plus two paid floating holidays per calendar year, prorated
for part-time staff..
• Mileage reimbursement for work related travel.
• Employer paid training and conferences, as approved.
• Positive work environment with dedicated team, striving to make an impact in our community.