Intergenerational Project Coordinator
General Purpose: Develop and coordinate a special new project of the Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers
Program that will offer positive interactions between at risk youth and older adult
volunteers. Position will be responsible for structured weekly programming;
recruitment, retention, scheduling and support of volunteers; and development of
relationships in the community with individuals, congregations, businesses, and
Qualifications: Primary qualifications include high level of responsibility, strong supervisory and
organizational skills and an ability to work independently. Must have exceptional
interpersonal skills and deal effectively with a wide variety of people. Must also
have strong commitment to the mission of the project, and be able to effectively
promote it in the community. Should have strong writing and speaking abilities,
along with strong computer and technology skills. Experience with program
development, volunteer management and services for at risk youth preferred.
Position Details: The position requires a flexible schedule, with some work during regular business
hours, as well as a few hours of work every weekend during specialized
programming. Job duties will include some minimal physical work such as
bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting objects under 50 pounds.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement once a week programming for at risk youth in a residential facility.
2. Recruit, screen, train and support individual volunteers to interact with at risk youth,
concentrating on volunteers age 60 and up.
3. Secure and coordinate individuals and groups that can offer specialized activities during
4. Develop and nurture contacts in the community who are supportive of the project, via direct
personal contact and community presentations at local congregations and other organizations.
5. Work with program participants to guide program content and structure.
6. Maintain appropriate records of all volunteers, participants and program activities.
7. Develop promotional materials and initiate public relations activities for the project.
8. Assist with special program events and fundraisers for the intergenerational project and other
IVC initiatives, as appropriate.
9. Other various duties as assigned.
• Mileage reimbursement for work related travel.
• Employer paid training and conferences, as approved.
• Positive work environment with dedicated team, striving to make an impact in our community.
PAID TIME OFF AND HOLIDAY PAY AVAILABLE FOR POSITIONS OF 16 HOURS PER WEEK OR MORE. THIS PROJECT WILL BEGIN AT
ABOUT 8 TO 10 HOURS PER WEEK, BUT HAS POTENTIAL TO GROW IN FUTURE.
8075 Ritter, Center Line, MI 48015
2600 Pontiac Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326