Community Development Coordinator
General Purpose: Assist with a variety of program development activities that will allow the
Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers Program to carry out its mission, ensuring service
delivery to those in need of help; and ongoing recruitment, retention and support of
program volunteers. Focus is on the development of relationships in the
community with individuals, congregations, businesses, and other groups –
identifying and facilitating specific ways for potential partners to become involved.
Qualifications: Primary qualifications include high level of responsibility, strong organizational
skills, self-directed initiative, and an ability to work independently. Must also have
exceptional interpersonal skills and deal effectively with a wide variety of people.
Must be an excellent problem solver and a patient, thorough trainer. Should have
strong one-to-one and group communitication skills, strong writing and speaking
abilities, and strong computer and technology skills. Must also have a commitment
to the mission of IVC, and be able to effectively promote it in the community.
Position Details: The position requires a flexible schedule. Some assignments will need to be done
outside of the office, including regular evening and weekend work. Job duties will
include some minimal physical activity such as bending, stooping, reaching, and
lifting objects under 50 pounds.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Develop and nurture contacts in the community to garner support for the IVC program, via
direct personal contact.
2. Make community presentations to local congregations and other organizations.
3. Participate in local outreach events and networking opportunities.
4. Work with local media, as needed, to help promote the mission and increase awareness of
5. Use social media and other tools to develop interest in IVC opportunities.
6. Assist with special program events and fundraisers.
7. Work with Planning Groups of local leaders to help expand IVC services.
8075 Ritter, Center Line, MI 48015
2600 Pontiac Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326
8. Work with interested local congregations and groups to help them develop new IVC projects
within their community, and help support their ongoing growth.
9. Convene and coordinate representatives from active congregations and groups for the purpose
of sharing support, ideas, resources and service.
10. Provide regular individualized support to active congregations and groups as needed.
11. Organize and facilitate special group service projects for congregations, businesses and other
12. Work with congregations and organizations to set up volunteer enrichment training
opportunities throughout the community.
13. Work as a resource to local congregations for information on services for older and disabled
adults, volunteer management, and development of outreach ministries.
14. Oversee record keeping and reporting with congregations that have current IVC activity.
SERVICE COORDINATION, ETC.
15. Network with community service providers to avoid duplication of services and enhance more
coordinated support for older and disabled adults in the community.
16. Update information on alternate and additional resources in the community for program staff
and congregation/group liaisons.
17. Other various duties as assigned.
• Three weeks paid-time off, plus two floating holidays, per calendar year (Prorated for partial year
worked and part-time status. Employees receive additional time off with increasing seniority.)
• Eight paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day,
Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve).
• Mileage reimbursement for work related travel.
• Employer paid training and conferences, as approved.
• Positive work environment with dedicated team, striving to make an impact in our community.