Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency
196 Cesar E. Chavez Ave.
P.O. Box 430598
Pontiac, MI 48343-0598
(248) 209-2615 FAX
Division: Child and Family Services
Department: Head Start- Grantee Program
Supervisor: Education Manager
To provide an education program for children of low-income families and children with disabilities, in accordance with HHS/ACF guidelines and state licensing requirements as assigned.
1. Provide children with developmentally appropriate experiences in all domains of development through daily lesson plans and classroom/outdoor activities.
2. Administer standardized screening to identify the needs of the children and make appropriate referrals and follow-up of children as needed; which includes children with special needs. Maintain documentation as required.
3. Document children’s progress by observing and recording behaviors using the Child Observation Record (COR).
4. Maintain 90% attendance during the review period.
5. Carry out all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. A.A. in Early Childhood Education required, B.A. or B.S. Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education preferred.
2. Two years experience in working with preschool children and parents. Head Start experience preferred. Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job.
3. Licenses and certificates required: valid Michigan Driver’s License.
Hours & Wage
$600.86 per week
40 hours per week; 43 weeks per year
Deadline to Apply