Challenge Detroit Job Posting
Who we are:
Challenge Detroit is a national initiative focused on revitalizing Detroit by retaining and attracting 30 talented individuals to bring their intellectual capital to Detroit. Challenge Detroit provides this talent the opportunity to live, work, play, give, and lead over the course of a year-long fellowship program.
Fellows will work with and learn from top companies and non-profits in and around Detroit while helping to make a difference in the region.
Challenge Detroit is now accepting applications for the Second Class of Fellows through Sunday, March 3, 2013.
Challenge Detroit will select 30 innovative leaders from Detroit and across the United States to live, work, play, give and lead in Detroit for one year beginning in August 2013. Fellows will:
• Engage in monthly team challenges, in partnership with area non-profits, designed to positively impact the city and region;
• Work at one of the top companies in the region;
• Receive a $30,000 annual salary plus benefits typical of host company;
• Live in the City of Detroit, supported by a $500/month housing stipend;
• Participate in a leadership development and mentorship program; and
• Receive benefits such as memberships to various organizations, discounts, event access, and other benefits.
Each Fellow will work at one of 30 Challenge Detroit host companies, from major corporations such as Chrysler to smaller ventures such as ePrize to nonprofits such as United Way. Each company will employ one Challenge Detroit Fellow in an interesting and relevant job for one year. From marketing to healthcare, and IT to community development, Challenge Detroit has a job for every background.
Additionally, Fellows will work with area non-profits on initiatives designed to positively impact the city and region.
• Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or be enrolled at an accredited institution and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree on at least a part-time enrollment basis with expected graduation by the time Challenge Detroit launches in August 2013.
• Must be U.S. resident or legal resident alien.
• Passionate, hard-working and inventive.
Challenge Detroit is accepting Phase One applications until Sunday, March 3, 2013 and the year in Detroit will begin in August 2013. If you want to be involved in one of the most exciting social movements in the history of Detroit, apply here: http://www.challengedetroit.org/application.php