Lake Norcentra Basketball Camps
This event has sold out.
You’re invited to the LNBC Parent/Child camp Friday, November 3rd from 5:30 to 9pm in the Garth Pleasant Arena on the campus of Rochester College.
The camp provides a unique bonding experience as each Parent/Child “Team” will be taught the proper techniques of shooting, passing, and dribbling the basketball. Participants will enjoy various challenges, competitions and individual instruction with Basketball Coaches Association of Michigan (BCAM) Hall of Fame coach Garth Pleasant.
PARENT/CHILD TEAM & COST
Each “Team” is comprised of one (1) parent/guardian and one (1) child entering grades 1-8. The fee is $75 per parent/child team, and $25 for each additional child.
Camp check-in begins at 5:30 PM. Please meet at the Garth Pleasant Arena on the campus of Rochester College. Please wear comfortable clothing and gym appropriate shoes.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 5:30 PM – Registration/Check In
- 6:00 PM – Welcome and Warm up
- 6:15 PM – Ball Handling and Dribbling Instruction w/games
- 6:45 PM – Passing and Catching Instruction w/games
- 7:15 PM – Shooting Instruction w/games
- 7:45 PM – Discussion Panels
- Parents: Discussion panel with coach Garth Pleasant on “How to Develop Rapport with an Athletic Child.”
- Kids: Discussion panel with coach Klint and John Pleasant on “What makes a good teammate.”
- 8:15 PM – Parent/Child Shooting Tournament – NBA Shooting
- 8:30 PM – “Warrior Shooting” Competition
- 8:45 PM – Pizza Party
2018 REGISTRATION OPENS IN JANUARY
2018 marks the 38th year for Lake Norcentra Basketball Camp!
During the past 38 years literally thousands of local young kids have taken part in Lake Norcentra Basketball Camp. Coach Garth Pleasant’s camp is known for more than teaching basketball fundamentals. Coach Pleasant’s emphasis on attitude, respect and giving your best effort not only on the court but in the classroom and at home have benefited many young people and parents. You will not want to miss Coach’s final talk on Friday afternoon. This year we are excited to share the Garth Pleasant Arena with our campers.
Join our new league – Junior Basketball Academy
JBA League Winter session registration is open. Come join this NEW league in the Rochester area.
We welcome all players between grades 3rd – 12th to join the JBA.
What to Bring
- Comfortable Gym Attire
- Tennis Shoes
- Water Jug/Water
- Lunch and/or money
- Campers may purchase lunch – $1.50 for a slice of pizza / $1.00 for a can of pop
- Please bring your printed copy of camper registration on Monday. This will allow us to scan and quickly register your camper.
Features & Advantages
REGISTRATION OPENS IN JANUARY
- Week 1 – June 18-22
- Week 2 – June 25-29
- Week 3 – July 9-13
- Week 4 – July 16-20
- Week 5 – July 23-27