How to Evaluate Websites
Ask yourself the following questions when evaluating websites:
- Is the author an authority or expert on the subject?
- What is the author’s agenda? Are they trying to sell an idea or product?
- Do they use evidence to support fact claims, ideas, or opinions?
- Is their evidence cited?
- Are outside sources cited and linked to?
- Is the information provided clearly?
- Are there any advertisements that pop up in the way?
- Are there any spelling or word errors?
- Does the site load quickly?
- Is any contact information provided?
- Can you easily navigate the site?
- Is the information current?