Rochester College is a limited testing facility; therefore, CLEP testing is offered to only Rochester College students.
All CLEP tests must be taken during the first two semesters a student is enrolled at Rochester College; however, a student may not receive credit for a test taken during his or her final semester.
Students may take CLEP exams at other testing centers.
To set up an appointment:
- Contact a Test Coordinator in Career Services at: 248-218-2176 or 248-218-2137
- Arrange a test date and time
- Advise Test Coordinator of test selection
On Testing Day :
- Student may pay the administrative fee of $35 in the Career Services office by cash or check only. Payment by credit card must be made in the Student Financial Services office located in the Muirhead building.
- Student must bring the following items to the testing site on testing day:
- Receipt – if payment was made in the Student Financial Services office
- Photo ID
- Personal credit card (utilization of parent’s card is permitted)
- Social Security number – it is not necessary to bring ss card
CLEP tests are computerized exams. Test payment of $80.00 must be made by personal credit card directly to the company online through their website at time of testing.
Student will receive a test score immediately following the test with the exception of the College Composition exam which has a 2-3 week grading period. The official test score receipts will be sent to Rochester College by ACT. Upon passing any CLEP exam, additional fee of $25 per credit hour must be paid to have the credits applied to student’s transcript. Study Guides and Helpful Information:
Students are encouraged to visit the following website for a list of available exams, practice tests, and other valuable information regarding CLEP exams.
Study guides are available for use in the Career Services office.
CLEP Credit Posting Fee: There will be an additional fee of $25.00 per credit hour for academic posting to student’s transcript.