CLEP Testing Information
Rochester College is a limited testing facility; therefore, CLEP tests are offered only to Rochester College students.
All CLEP exams must be completed by the end of the second semester student is enrolled at Rochester College; however, student may not receive credit for a test taken during his/her final semester. In addition, students may not seek CLEP credit for courses which they failed in regular attendance or by examination.
Making an appointment:
- Before scheduling a CLEP appointment, it is best for students to first check with their advisor to be sure which courses/credits are needed for the degree the student is seeking.
- Visit http://clep.collegeboard.org/exam to view available exams.
- Contact the Test Administrator in the Academic Testing Center (ATC) at: 248-218-2137 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Fees and Payment Method:
- CLEP Test Fee: The current CLEP exam fee is $80 and must be paid online before exam appointment.
NOTE: it is important to contact the ATC to schedule an appointment to take the exam either before purchasing the exam or as soon as possible after purchase as the exam tickets/vouchers expire after 6 months. Visit the CLEP website, http://clep.collegeboard.org/register/exam, and create an account using the My Account feature to register and pay for CLEP exams. Study materials may also be purchases on the My Account page. After signing up for a CLEP exam on My Account, a registration ticket/voucher is issued to confirm the CLEP exam purchase. This voucher # is required in order to test on the appointment day.
- Rochester College Administration Fee: Rochester College charges a $35 administrative fee. Test-takers may pay the administrative fee in the ATC on or before testing day with cash or check only. Payments made by credit card must be made in the Student Financial Services office located in the Associates Campus Center building prior to the test appointment and the receipt must be presented to the Test Administrator as proof of payment before testing.
- Credit Posting Fee: An additional fee of $25 per credit hour will be charged for academic posting to student’s transcript upon passing a CLEP exam. Once Rochester College has received an official score report from CLEP/College Board, credit will be posted to the student’s transcript, and the posting fee will be billed to the student’s account.
What to Bring on Testing Day:
- Receipt for Administrative Fee:- Cash or check payments may be made in the Academic Testing Center on testing day; however, if the $35 administration fee is paid by credit card in the Student Financial Services, the receipt must be presented to the test administrator at time of testing as proof of payment.
- 1 Form of ID: – One form of ID that includes a photo and a signature must be presented for testing.
- Ticket/Voucher Number: The ticket/voucher can be printed from the website to bring to the student’s test appointment; however, the number is all that is needed.
- Do not bring any electronic device to the testing center – they are strictly prohibited.
Study Guides and Helpful Information:
- CLEP tests are computerized exams. Students will receive a test score report immediately following an exam with the exception of the College Composition exam which has a 2-3 week grading period.
- Rochester College does not accept credit for the College Mathematics CLEP exam.
- Practice tests, and other valuable information regarding CLEP exams may be viewed using the following link: http://clep.collegeboard.org/ - select the “CLEP for test-takers” in the upper right hand corner.
- Study guides are also available for use in the Career Services office.
CLEP Contact Information:
- CLEP, PO Box 6600, Princeton, NJ 08541-6600