Intern – Communications
Communications Intern Job Description
$10/hour – 20 hours/week
Are you the known as the “planner” or “organizer” among your friends and family? Are you looking for an internship that promises to give you real-world experience you can apply to your first post-graduate job? Village Green, the nation’s leading developer, owner and manager of luxury apartment communities, is looking for a self-starting intern to joint its communication team.
As part of Village Green Communications you will play an integral part in helping make the department run smoothly, while providing excellent customer service. Our ideal candidate will be easy-going (but can “tell it like it is,” if need be), a team player (but knows how to work solo too), energetic and friendly (but can put a game-face on, if asked) and a creative problem-solver (but can tap into their analytical left brain, if necessary). Our department supports more than 160 properties in 145 states, as well as corporate sister companies, in achieving their marketing, communications and public relations goals. Do you have what it takes to be a part of our dynamic group?
What you’ll learn:
• How to assist and support marketing, public relations, advertising, graphic design, social media and marketing team members in achieving objectives and goals.
• Relationship-building with internal and external clients.
• Fulfillment and coordination of marketing and advertising orders.
• Project management and trafficking of advertising materials.
• How to create compelling content for print and online sources.
• What it takes to build a strategic plan.
• Research new and target markets.
• Finalize financial report.
• Preparation of internal presentations and presentation materials.
• What it’s like to work in a fast-paced, rewarding and fulfilling role.
What we require:
• Currently enrolled on a full-time basis in an accredited degree program, working toward a degree in marketing, communications, advertising or public relations.
• Must have attained undergraduate junior-level status, or above (graduate student will also be considered).
• Creativity, flexibility and organization.
• Knowledge of utilizing social media for business/sales purposes.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Photoshop, CRM and Google AdWords/Analytics knowledge a plus.
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
• Deadline driven and time management skills
Please email resume to Austin McGinnis at firstname.lastname@example.org.