Alumni committees have planned and hosted two successful reunions for MCC alumni and former employees of the 1960s. In both 2010 and 2012, reunion participants gathered at Montgomery Bell State Park in Tennessee for a great weekend of reminiscing and reconnection with college friends.
For several months, another committee has been working on the next 60s decade reunion, planned for May 15-17 on the campus of Rochester College. Join other 60s alumni and former employees for a time to “reminisce, reconnect, and relax.”
All former students and former employees from the 1960s (1960-1969) are invited to attend. Spouses who did not attend MCC and friends from other classes are welcome to participate as well.
The reunion will begin on Friday, May 15, 2015, and continue through Sunday, May 17. Those who cannot attend the entire weekend are welcome to come and stay as long as possible.
How and when do you register?
- Online: Register immediately online and avoid having to mail your registration.
- By mail: Complete and submit the form you received in the mail along with applicable fees. Additionally, please email Larry Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know the form is on its way.
Schedule of Activities
|Friday, May 15|
|9:00 a.m.||Early Check-in (Richardson Center Lobby)|
|10:00 a.m.||Downtown Rochester Exploration (meet in Richardson Center Lobby)|
|1:00 p.m.||Bus Departure for Meadow Brook Hall Tour (Rochester Hills Library)|
|1:15 p.m.||Meadow Brook Hall Tour (ending about 3:00 p.m.)|
|5:00 p.m.||Check-in (Richardson Center Lobby)|
|6:00 p.m.||Kruse & Muer Pizza (Utley-McCauley Student Center)|
|7:30 p.m.||Devotional (Richardson Center Theatre)|
|Saturday, May 16|
|8:30 a.m.||Check-in & Continental Breakfast (Utley-McCauley Student Center)|
|10:00 a.m.||Chapel & Alumni Association Update (Richardson Center Theatre)|
|11:00 a.m.||Campus Tours & Visiting|
|1:00 p.m.||Lunch (Fletcher Center Cafeteria)|
|2:00 p.m.||Group Pictures|
|3:00 p.m.||Sharing & Reminiscing Breakout Sessions (Richardson Center)|
|4:30 p.m.||Class of 1965 Gathering & Free Time for Others|
|6:30 p.m.||Dinner (Fletcher Center Cafeteria)|
|8:00 p.m.||Evening Program & Devotional (Richardson Center Theatre)|
|Sunday, May 17|
|9:30 a.m.||Worship (Richardson Center Theatre)|
How much will it cost?
The total cost for participants will depend upon the number of activities an individual chooses. A couple can participate in every activity over the entire weekend for only $90.
- Event Fee – $20.00 per family (continental breakfast, snacks, and miscellaneous expenses)
- Friday Night Pizza – $6.00 per person
- Saturday Lunch – $9.50 per person
- Saturday Dinner – $10.50 per person
- Meadow Brook Hall Tour – $9.00 per person
Where can you stay overnight?
- Dorm rooms are available for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (free of charge). You must bring your own bedding, towels, and personal items.
- There are a number of hotels in the area. A block of rooms has been reserved at the ConCorde Inn off Crooks Road, about four miles from campus. Rooms are $75.59 per night (including tax) and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until April 30. After that point, rooms will be available only through the inn’s normal reservation system. To reserve a room at the ConCorde Inn, call 248-299-1210, using code 51415.
What else should you know?
- Dress for the weekend is casual.
- Two activities are planned for those who arrive early on Friday: A Downtown Rochester Exploration and a Meadow Brook Hall Tour. Meadow Brook Hall is the 110-room Tudor mansion built by Matilda Dodge Wilson, widow of automobile pioneer John Dodge. Those who enjoy exercise will walk the Clinton River Trail (one scenic mile on the former railroad track) to downtown Rochester to eat and explore the shops, trails, and new sites. Others may take cars into Rochester. At 1 p.m., a bus will pick up the trail walkers who plan to visit Meadow Brook Hall. Others may stay in town as long as they like. A bus will pick up the trail walkers who remain in town at 4 p.m.
- If you live nearby, you may want to bring a lawn chair (or two) for hanging out and chatting.
- If you have scrapbooks or pictures from your time at MCC, please bring them to share with others.
- Saturday morning’s continental breakfast will feature Kibo Coffee and information about this mission outreach.
- Contact your classmates and encourage them to attend the reunion with you!
Here are the names of those who have formally registered for the reunion. This list will continue to grow until the day of the event.
- Mary Ellen Adams (faculty), Terre Haute, IN
- Gordon and Louise (Nuske-64) Addington, Mountain Home, AR
- Karen Allen (67), Berbrook, TX
- Jimmie Lynn Berg (65) & Gary Ebendorf, Akron, CO
- Jim Bugg (65), Waterford, MI
- Joe and Merrile (Artist-64) Byars, Woodbury, TN
- D.C. and Gay (Judd-62) Carlson, San Antonio, TX
- Janice (Kennedy-66) Cooper, Marietta, GA
- Gene (faculty) and Mary Alice Cowie, Madison Heights, MI
- Elmer (64) and Hazel (Smith-64) Cox, Grand Rapids, MI
- Ruth (Nonnenmacher-70) Davis, Kingwood, TX
- Al (64) and Fonda (McCain-67) Dawkins, Westerville, OH
- Donna Day (68), Dayton, OH
- Pam Day (69), Dayton, OH
- Carrol (Burleson-65) DeVos, Whitehall, MI
- Betty (Wineinger-67) Dunlap, Rochester Hills, MI
- Doug (62) and Janet Edwards, Sterling Heights, MI
- Gale Edwards (67), Auburn Hills, MI
- David Fields (65), Bedford, IN
- Benny (65) and Pat (Mobley-68) Glover, Rancho Cordova, CA
- Kent Hoggatt (72), Lapeer, MI
- Tom (66) and Joan (Treptau-65) Johnson, Nashville, TN
- John and Karen (Bennett-65) Kennamer, Clio, MI
- Dennis Kirby (66), Kalamazoo, MI
- Doris (Berry-62) Ledsworth, Clyde, MI
- Ron Losher (62), Troy, MI
- Mel (70) and Rosemary Lowe, Albany, IN
- Lee (Bernatchey-69) Maner, Ludington, MI
- Gerald and Joan (Paul-68) Mata, Monroe, MI
- Gary (64) and Nancy (Earwood-65) McLachlan, Shelby Township, MI
- Gary Mitchell (64), Rochester Hills, MI
- Paula (Driver) Morse (68), Fenton, MI
- Bob and Sue (Burchard-64) Palm, Buffalo Grove, IL
- Garth Pleasant (69), Washington, MI
- Karen Pullins (65), Waterford, MI
- Christine (Earwood-69) Rehkop, Atlanta, GA
- Jim and Betsy (Springer-66) Ryan, Arcadia, MO
- Tad and Nancy (Strbenac-64) Schroeder, Rochester Hills, MI
- Don (67) and Debi (Choate-67) Shepherd, Madison Heights, MI
- Joanne (faculty spouse) Shinsky, Rochester, MI
- Gracie (Geddes-67) Skaggs and Rose Hilliker, Tucson, AZ
- Joy (Montgomery-67) Starkey, Shelby Township, MI
- Larry (70) and Lynne (Yoakum-74) Stewart, Shelby Township, MI
- Al Sturdivant (68), Houston, TX
- Jerry (64) and Sherry (Locke-64) Suggs, Clarkston, MI
- Joyce (Whitaker-67) Todd, Oxford, MI
- Tim (63) and Joanne Vancil, Oak Park, MI
- Reed (67) and Pam (Orr-69) Vinson, Grosse Ile, MI
- Scott and Jana (VanEaton-66) Waltman, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Marilyn (Wagner-63) Weber, Waterford, MI
- Roy & Ethelene (Bruce-69) White, Union City, TN
- Gary and Barb (McDonald-68) Williams, Holt, MI
- Noel Wilson (65), Inman, KS
- Ed (65) and Joan Work, Centreville, VA
An MCC 60s Alumni Facebook group has been developed for alumni and former employees from the 1960s. Members of the group are encouraged to reminisce, share current news, and post photographs on this site. Those not presently members of the group are encouraged to join.
Photos from the last two 60s Reunions at Montgomery Bell State Park in Burns, Tennessee, are available online. You can view or download photos from these sites at no cost.