All graduates of Michigan Christian College and Rochester College, as well as those who did not graduate yet completed a minimum number of credit hours, are automatically members of the Alumni Association. Currently, over 8,400 former students are members of this organization.
Luke Fleer (‘05) and Brad McKenna (’02) serve as co-chairs of a revitalized Alumni Association leadership team that formed in the fall of 2012. They have identified their goal as “the creation of a place where alumni can plug in to the college using their time, talents, and treasure.” They plan to lead an association that gives back to its members as well.
The new alumni board wants to engage alumni in five key areas. Several volunteer opportunities are already posted on the alumni website. Additional initiatives will be developed by the board and posted on this page in the months ahead. Sign up now for one or more of these initiatives and become an active member of the Alumni Association!
- Mentoring initiatives such as participation in special events, email contact, and internship arrangements designed to mentor students
- Leadership initiatives such as service on college committees and boards, coordination of class reunions, or leading special fundraising projects
- Ambassador initiatives such as assistance with regional alumni gatherings or student recruitment efforts
- Volunteer initiatives such as work on campus improvement projects, assistance with campus events, or making phone calls in the Alumni Call Center
- Fund-Raising initiatives such as financial support for scholarships, special projects, or campus improvements
A group of 20 alumni serve on the Alumni Association board. The board is helping provide the energy and creative ideas required to involve more individuals in an active Alumni Association. Members of the alumni board include:
- Rob Clarke (’82), President and Architect, CBI Design Professionals
- Kelly Duda (CEL ’10), Lead Teacher, Berkley Public Schools
- Betty (Wineinger) Dunlap (’67), Office Assistant, Rochester Church of Christ
- Paul Dziepak (’06), Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch & Company
- Luke Fleer (’05), Regional Director of Development, Oakland University
- Josh Graves (’02), Preaching Minister, Otter Creek Church of Christ
- Terrill Hall (’03), Claims Representative, State Farm Insurance
- Ashley Harrison (’00), Vice President of Sales, Utley Brothers
- Brad Irwin (’96), Principal, BT Irwin
- Karen (Bennett) Kennamer (’65), Retired Teacher, Valley Christian Academy
- Lora (Cuthbertson) McClelland (’96), Stay-at-Home Mom
- Brad McKenna (’02), Senior Philanthropy Director, Leader Dogs for the Blind
- John Palimino (CEL ’10), Application Engineer, Emhart Teknologies
- Brenda Phillips (’77), Human Resource Manager, Mott Community College
- Julie (Wilson) Piazza (’89), Executive Assistant, RCS International
- John Pleasant (’03), Teacher, Rochester Community Schools
- Kamal Sansom (’95), Physical Therapist, Advanced Physical Therapy
- Deandra (Frazier) Smith (’88), Teacher, Clarkston Community Schools
- Kevin Stewart (’04), Real Estate Agent, Re/Max Suburban
- Paul Stinnett (’83), Facilities Team Leader, Park Village Pines
Plan now to join the board in their efforts to build a strong Alumni Association of individuals who are engaged and proud of their alma mater!