All graduates of Michigan Christian College and Rochester College, as well as those who did not graduate yet completed a minimum number of credit hours, are automatically members of the Alumni Association. Currently, over 8,600 former students are members of this organization.
Brad McKenna (’02) serves as chairperson of the alumni board. Brad and Luke Fleer (’05) helped revitalize the board in 2012. At that time, Brad and Luke identified their goal as “the creation of a place where alumni can plug in to the college using their time, talents, and treasure.” They planned an association that gives back to its members as well.
The alumni board wants to engage alumni in five key areas. Several volunteer opportunities are posted on the alumni website. Additional initiatives will be developed and posted on this page in the months ahead. Sign up now for one or more of these initiatives and become an active member of the Alumni Association!
- Mentoring initiatives such as participation in special events, email contact, and internship arrangements designed to mentor students
- Leadership initiatives such as service on college committees and boards, coordination of class reunions, or leading special fundraising projects
- Ambassador initiatives such as assistance with regional alumni gatherings or student recruitment efforts
- Volunteer initiatives such as work on campus improvement projects, assistance with campus events, or making phone calls in the Alumni Call Center
- Fund-Raising initiatives such as financial support for scholarships, special projects, or campus improvements
Lake Norcentra Project
Lake Norcentra is a focal point on the campus of Rochester College. While students and alumni have enjoyed this natural and historic part of campus for decades, hundreds of walkers and cyclists now pass by Lake Norcentra every day on the Clinton River Trail.
The Alumni Association has selected revitalization of the lake area as one of its highest priorities. A conceptual design process involving alumni, campus personnel, governmental officials, and community organizations is underway to develop a master plan for the area. For more information about the project, visit the lake project website.
A group of 18 alumni serve on the Alumni Association board. The board is helping provide the energy and creative ideas required to involve more individuals in an active Alumni Association. Members of the alumni board include:
- Rob Clarke (’82), President and Architect, CBI Design Professionals
- Kelly Duda (CEL ’10), Lead Teacher, Berkley Public Schools
- Betty (Wineinger) Dunlap (’67), Office Assistant, Rochester Church of Christ
- Paul Dziepak (’06), Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch & Company
- Luke Fleer (’05), Regional Director of Development, Oakland University
- Jody Fleischhut (’82), Sales Associate, JC Penny
- Terrill Hall (’03), Claims Representative, State Farm Insurance
- Brad Irwin (’96), Principal, BT Irwin
- Karen (Bennett) Kennamer (’65), Retired Teacher, Valley Christian Academy
- Lora (Cuthbertson) McClelland (’96), Stay-at-Home Mom
- Brad McKenna (’02), Senior Philanthropy Director, Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Brenda Phillips (’77), Human Resource Manager, Mott Community College
- Julie (Wilson) Piazza (’89), Executive Assistant, RCS International
- John Pleasant (’03), Teacher, Rochester Community Schools
- Kamal Sansom (’95), Physical Therapist, Advanced Physical Therapy
- Kevin Stewart (’04), Real Estate Agent, Re/Max Suburban
- Paul Stinnett (’83), Facilities Team Leader, Park Village Pines
- Jessica (Gamache) Zielke (’04), Realtor, Re/Max Suburban
Plan now to join the board in their efforts to build a strong Alumni Association of individuals who are engaged and proud of their alma mater!