Adult & Professional Learning
Adult & Professional Learning
RC’s adult and professional learning center offers accredited degree programs designed to serve the unique needs and learning styles of adult learners. We are dedicated to making post-secondary education available to employed and unemployed adults.
We recognize that individuals need to be well prepared to function effectively in today’s work environment. With accelerated evening, weekend, and online classes, we help you step forward with your education without falling back with the rest of your life.
- Advance your career and your life. We offer accredited degree programs designed to serve the unique needs and learning styles of professionals. Our programs of study promote critical thinking, communication skills, a passion for life-long learning, freedom of inquiry and moral excellence.
- Designed for you. Are you up for getting a degree in half the time, studying at a campus that’s close to home and work, or having flexible schedules that meet your needs? We offer classes in the evenings, on weekends and online.
- Earn your degree in as little as 18 months. Our accelerated classes meet once a week for eight weeks, and each semester is comprised of two eight-week sessions.
- Get more credits for your credits. Apply credits earned from other schools to get a head start on your degree. We accept up to 90 hours and give credit for professional schools and training. You can even earn credit for your work and life learning.
- Get a personalized degree plan. We know everyone comes from different levels of experience and preparedness. That’s why an admissions adviser will review your transcripts and compile a custom-built degree plan just for you. It’ll serve as your roadmap to success.
- Earn a private school education at public school cost. We accept government and third party financial aid to help make the cost of college more affordable for you. Go to the Net Price Calculator at rc.edu to learn how you can afford a private school education at a public school cost.
- Integrate values and ethics. At Rochester College, we offer you a breadth and depth of learning that goes beyond the books to educate you as a whole person – mind, body and spirit. The result of this philosophy is well-educated, compassionate, interesting and eager students who change their lives and the world for better.
- Know your faculty. Our small class sizes and student-faculty mentoring ensure the only number you’ll be is one. Our first-class faculty are passionate about their chosen subjects. You’ll get to know professors who are excited to share their professional and personal insight with you. You will be taught, mentored and deeply cared for by your professors.
- Close to home and work. We accommodate the busy, working adult with four locations throughout Southeast Michigan and online classes. Our locations are in Rochester Hills, Clinton Township, Southfield and Flint.
- Put “higher” in higher ed. RC commits to being a vibrant learning community where scholarship is valued and spiritual growth is nurtured. Simply put, faith and learning go hand and hand. You will develop lifelong habits of curiosity, integrity and a passion for the pursuit of truth and knowledge.