Welcome to the Fall 2017 RC Academic Symposium
December 8, 2017 – A Celebration of the Liberal Arts
Academic Symposium began in 1999 when seniors were invited to Dr. Beth VanRheenan’s home to present their capstone projects and became institution wide in 2003. Now this event occurs twice a year and provides a variety of formats for all Rochester College seniors to present capstone projects. Conference-style presentations are reserved for senior capstone projects. During the poster session both senior capstone projects and supplemental research is displayed on a 3’ x 4’ poster and the authors summarize their works to approaching viewers. All abstracts or internship summaries are published in the Academic Symposium abstract booklet.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- October 27th Registration Due: All participants (formal presentation, printed poster, electronic poster, or in-booklet only) fill out the form » Titles can be edited in the abstract submission form, write “unknown” if necessary.
- November 15-17 Photos: All presenters must have a photo taken. Schedule your photo online »
- November 16th Abstracts/Internship Summaries Due: All participants (formal presentation, printed poster, electronic poster, or in-booklet only) fill out the form »
- December 1st Posters Due: Those that are printing a poster or having an electronic poster displayed, need to turn it in on the Academic Symposium: Guidelines and Submission Moodle forum by midnight (can self-enroll at any time). Tools and templates are also available on Moodle. Any posters that are not received on time will need to be printed and hung up by the student.
- December 8th Academic Symposium: Posters need to be displayed prior to the poster session. If students print their poster on their own, there will be a board with their names and titles with thumb tacks ready the day of the event.
Classes Commonly Associated with Academic Symposium:
BIB 4394; BIO 3324; BIO 2214; BUS 4823; ECS 4653; ENG 4533; LDR 4723; MAT 4962; MED 4953; MUS 4601; NSC 4612; NUR 4414; PHI 4813; PSY 4434; PSY 4893; SWK 4893; THE 4813*
*Note that the listing or lack of listing of a course does not mean participation is/is not required. Contact your professor to be sure.
For questions concerning Academic Symposium contact the symposium chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Concurrent Session A: 11:10 a.m.-12:25 p.m.
- Concurrent Session B: 1:10-2:25 p.m.
- Concurrent Session C: 2:35-3:50 p.m.
- Poster Session: 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Concurrent Session D: 5:45 p.m.-7:00 p.m.