European Studies Program
Rochester College, Lipscomb University & Oklahoma Christian University – SPRING 2017
Needed: Valid passport and health insurance that covers overseas travel
Maximum Group Size: 12-13
The GEO European Studies Program offers Rochester College students a unique opportunity to study and travel in Europe during the fall semester. While based in Vienna, Austria, students are able to visit several countries and experience the excitement and fulfillment of other cultures while they learn.
Students are required to enroll in at least 12 hours during this program, completing a full semester of class credit while they are away. A typical schedule generally includes:
- Studies in European Civilization – (3 hours); for any HIS or Social Science requirement. Every program participant must enroll in this class.
- Aesthetics – (3 hours); for Fine Arts Appreciation credit
- Bible – (3 hours); for Christian Values non-textual credit. Every program participant must enroll in this class.
- German Language – (4 hours); Every program participant must enroll in this class.
- Cross-Cultural Experience – (3 hours); for Appreciation or Diversity credit.
In order to participate, students must be at least 18 years of age, have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA, have completed at least 30 credits before travel dates, not be on probation of any kind, and must be in good standing with the business office.
The estimated costs for the program cover travel, tours, housing, tips and site passes. The cost does not cover tuition or food spending money.
To apply contact Dr. Keith Huey at firstname.lastname@example.org.