European Studies Program
Rochester College, Lipscomb University & Oklahoma Christian University – SPRING 2015
Estimated Cost: $9,800
Needed: Valid passport and health insurance that covers overseas travel
Maximum Group Size: Not specified
The GEO European Studies Program offers Rochester College students a unique opportunity to study and travel in Europe during the fall semester. While based in Vienna, Austria, students are able to visit several countries and experience the excitement and fulfillment of other cultures while they learn.
Students are required to enroll in at least 12 hours during this program, completing a full semester of class credit while they are away. A typical schedule generally includes:
- Studies in European Civilization – (3 hours); for any HIS or Social Science requirement. Every program participant must enroll in this class.
- Aesthetics – (3 hours); for Fine Arts Appreciation credit
- Bible – (3 hours); for Christian Values non-textual credit. Every program participant must enroll in this class.
- Language and Culture – (3 hours); 2000-level PHI, HIS, Humanities, or Social Science credit. Every program participant must enroll in this class.
- Missions Experience – (2-4 hours); upper-level MIN credit
In order to participate, students must be at least 18 years of age, have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA, have completed at least 30 credits before travel dates, not be on probation of any kind, and must be in good standing with the business office.
The estimated costs for the program cover travel, tours, housing, tips, site passes, and most meals. Students who choose to participate in mission work are allowed to raise $3,400 of their expenses through churches and individuals. The cost does not cover tuition or extra spending money.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE after obtaining a login and PIN from Dr. Keith Huey.
For more information and/or login and PIN contact Dr. Keith Huey at firstname.lastname@example.org.