Web Registration (Returning Students)
- Students registering online are not be required to meet with their adviser before registering (advisers confirm selections after students register).
- Online registration is available 24/7 up to the first day of the semester in the Student Portal – my.rc.edu.
- Students who do not have an updated copy of their degree plan should request one from their adviser prior to registering. Course Rotations are available on the login page of the Student Portal.
- Students are responsible for meeting the prerequisites and/co-requisites of courses, and Rochester College reserves the right to administratively drop students from courses for which they do not meet the requirements.
- Students can register online via their student portal, under “Registration.”
- Students planning to graduate must complete the graduation application and submit it into Academic Services by the appropriate deadline.
- During the online registration process traditional students will be asked to make a decision on housing preferences and health insurance coverage. Formalizing those decisions requires a completed room reservation/commuter student application and an insurance waiver/enrollment form, as well as a copy of the student’s insurance card, if RC health insurance is being waived. Links to the forms are provided during the online registration process and must be returned to the Student Development Office before registration can be completed. If a copy of the front and back of your insurance card is not received by the deadline set by Student Development, you will be charged for the RC student health insurance. Incomplete registration will result in a hold on your student account.
- Students can accept/deny financial aid awards via their student portal under Financial Services > “My Award Letter”. Students are packaged with their maximum awards based on their FAFSA and hours enrolled. Any adjustments for aid must be submitted by the student, in writing/email, to the Student Financial Service Office. “Change forms” are found under Financial Services>Financial Aid Forms.
- Students may view their billing statement via their student portal under Billing – “My Billing/Ledger”. Students may choose payment intentions online under “My Billing/Ledger”. Payment options for balances due after financial aid include Parent Loan, Pay in Full, Payment Plan and/or Third Party. Payment in full or the first installment of the payment plan is due by deadlines set by Student Financial Services
Application deadlines for Fall and Spring commencements are Oct. 1 and Feb. 1 respectively. Summer graduates should apply by July 1. The registrar must receive transcripts from other institutions by the application deadline. If transcripts have not been received by the appropriate date, the student may be moved to a subsequent commencement ceremony, provided all documentation has been received.
Upon receiving a student’s graduation application, the Office of the Registrar conducts an official graduation audit. A graduation audit letter will be sent to the student’s RC email account within four weeks of submitting a graduation application to confirm progress toward graduation.
Students who graduate in August and December are invited to participate in RC’s Winter Commencement ceremony, and students who graduate in April are invited to participate in the Spring Commencement ceremony. Download the Commencement Day Fact Sheet for more information.