MEET THE FACULTY – John R. Todd
Professor of Political Science
J.D., Georgetown University
B.A., University of Michigan
School: School of Humanities
Office: Muirhead 101
Phone: (248) 218.2128
HONORS AND AFFILIATIONS:
- Member, Michigan Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Federalist Society
- Twice named “Rochester College Faculty Member of the Year”
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE:
- Professor of Law and Political Science, Rochester College, 1979-present
- Ad Hoc Legal Advisor to the President of Rochester College
- Writer of the Constitution of the City of Rochester Hills, 1983
- Featured in the Vietnam War Documentary “Our Vietnam Generation,” 2009
I believe that I am among the most blessed of people. As a young man, I was shot down twice in Vietnam, and I have survived two cancers. For the last 33 years, I have had the joy of being a part of RC and her students. I have been married to my wife Joyce for 38 years and am the proud father of two happily married daughters and the grandfather of Drew, who is soon to be an RC student. As a result of a combat injury, I am blind, but with the help of students, staff, and other faculty, I am able to do my job. To others’ amazement, I am also able to build things–decks, gazebos, even kitchen cabinets–a hobby I greatly enjoy.
I am a member of the Rochester Church of Christ, where I occasionally teach adult classes. I have also preached at various local churches. One of my great joys is to speak in our college chapel assemblies, usually once a semester.
- “Restorative Justice and the Vietnam War.” Christian Scholars’ Conference, Lipscomb University, Nashville, 2012.