MEET THE FACULTY – Gary Tucker
Dean of Online Learning
Ph.D., Texas A&M University
M.S., Texas A&M University
B.S.Ed., Abilene Christian University
Office: Muirhead 104
Phone: (248) 218.2124
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Educational Research Technology and Techniques
- Leading Continuous Improvement in Digital Learning
- Distributed Learning Environments
- Technology, Society and Education
- Instructional Theory & Strategies in Technology Integration
- Contexts of Educational Technology
- Technology in the Classroom
- Advanced Science Methods
HONORS AND AFFILIATIONS:
- American Association for Higher Education Research Forum on Inclusive Learning
- Apple Developer Program: Apple Higher Education Partner
- Review Panel for Western Governors University
- FIPSE Grant: Learning Anytime Anywhere Partnership (LAAP) U.S. Department of Education
- Issue Editor for the Center for Excellence in Education Monograph Series No. 5
Gary is married to Kay Tucker and they have two children, Timothy and Anne. Gary taught high school science for many years where he received numerous awards including the Presidential Award for Excellence. He received his Ph.D. from Texas A&M University and began teaching in Higher Education at Northern Arizona University. While at NAU, he was accepted as an Apple Higher Education Partner and worked with Apple in developing the Rhapsody Operating System and the Apple Web Page Construction Kit. Gary became involved in online education while at NAU and was involved in developing one of the first online Master’s Degree in Educational Technology. He went on to become the Director of Online Education at Abilene Christian University. While at ACU, he led ACU online to be rated third in the nation for quality online Christian education. In 2011, Gary accepted the position as Dean of Online Learning at Rochester College.
- “Mining the Mind – Spiritual Formation Using the Natural Structure of the Brain.” In C. Tweedell (Ed.), Integration of Faith and Learning in Adult Higher Education. Council for Christian Colleges and Universities Center for Research. 2009.
- “A Social Network Analysis of User Patterns in Four Learning Ecosystems Due to the Introduction of the Apple iPad.” 22nd International Conference of the Society of Information Technology and Teacher Education, Oct 2010.
- “Emotional Triangles and Self-Differentiated Leadership: Successfully Leading Innovation in Schools.” Insight: Texas Association of School Administrators Professional Journal. Summer, 2010.
- “Can Texas Make a U Turn? Lessons from ‘Creating a New Vision for Public Education in Texas’ Report.” Insight: Texas Association of School Administrators Professional Journal. Fall 2009.
- “Using Informatics to Create a New Triangular Array of e-Assessment Tools through an International Synergy between Education and Business.” Proceedings of the 3rd International Multi-Conference on Society, Cybernetics and Informatics. Oct 2009.
- “From E-Learning to T-Learning: How Creating Online Programs is Transforming a University.”Proceedings of the E-Learn 2008–World Conference on E-Learning. (2008)
- “Developing an Online Master of Education in Educational Technology in a Learning Paradigm: The Process and the Product.” Journal of Technology and Teacher Education. 2002 Volume 10, No. 3.