MEET THE FACULTY – Brian Stogner
Professor of Psychology
Executive Director, Health and Behavioral Sciences Institute
Ph.D., Wayne State University
M.A., Wayne State University
B.A., University of Michigan
School: School of Natural and Behavioral Sciences
Office: Counseling Center, Muirhead 130
Phone: (248) 218.2112
HONORS AND AFFILIATIONS:
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychosomatic Society
- Christian Association for Psychological Studies
- Higher Learning Commission – Consultant Evaluator (appointed 2007)
- American Psychosomatic Society Scholar Award, 2000
- Rochester College Faculty Member of the Year, 2001
- Oxford Round Table Discussant, 2006
Brian has been a practicing clinical psychologist for 20 years and has worked in church ministry for over 25 years. He integrates his clinical and ministry vocations by serving on the National Missionary Care Task Force of the Missions Resource Network. He and his wife Lisa have a daughter, Katie. Brian enjoys exercise, the outdoors, college and NFL football, and he and his family love the Detroit Tigers. Brian will play golf if asked.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Stogner, B. (2006). Self-Concept and adjustment in third culture kids. Paper presented at the Christian Scholars’ Conference, Rochester Hills, Michigan.
- Stogner, B. & MacKinnon, G. (2004). Traumatic stress response to a major construction accident. Paper presented at the Christian Scholars’ Conference, Rochester Hills, Michigan.
- Stogner, B., Kosenko, D., Roche, A., Parks, D., & Barber, L., (2003). Academic procrastination in traditional and adult college students. Paper presented at the 111th Annual Meeting of the American Psychological Association, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Stogner, B., Axelrod, B., & Lumley, M. (2001). Neuropsychological, personality, and illness behavior factors in postconcussion syndrome. Presented at the 109th Annual Meeting of the American Psychological Association, Focus on Science (invited presentation), San Francisco, California.
- Stogner, B.L., Lumley, M.A., & Axelrod, B.N. (2000). Prediction of postconcussion syndrome from personality and illness behavior variables. Psychosomatic Medicine, 62(1), 145.
- Stogner, B., Lumley, M., & Axelrod, B. (2000). Prediction of postconcussion syndrome from neuropsychological and illness behavior variables. Presented at the 58th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Psychosomatic Society, Savannah, Georgia.
- Stogner, B., Lumley, M. & Axelrod, B. (2000). Postconcussion Syndrome: Predicting from personality and illness behavior. Presented at the 108th Annual Meeting of the American Psychological Association, Washington, D.C.
- Axelrod, B., Stogner, B., Tomer, R., Fisher, T. & Aharon-Peretz, J. (2000). Cross-cultural comparison of postconcussive symptoms in TBI. Presented at the 108th Annual Meeting of the American Psychological Association, Washington, D.C.