With Rochester College, you can also earn credit for your work and life learning. CEL students can receive up to 60 credit hours of non-traditional credit toward a bachelor’s degree or 30 credit hours toward an associate degree.
Rochester College allows our students to earn credit for work and life learning through the following non-traditional avenues:
- Credit by examination
Rochester College recognizes CLEP (College Level Examination Program), DANTES (Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support), and AP (Advanced Placement). For additional information referencing credit by examination, please review the 2010-2011 Credits Granted – CLEP & DANTES – New exams 7-1-10 and the 2010-2011 CLEP Procedures anf Fees 7-1-10 documents.
- Professional Schools and Training
Rochester College will grant credit for professional schools and training that meets one of the following guidelines:
- Training is recognized by the ACE or PONSI guides (American Council on Education: The National Guide to Educational Credit for Training Programs and Program on Non-Collegiate Sponsored Instruction: College Credit Recommendation and The Directory of the National Program on Non-collegiate Sponsored Instruction, respectively).
- Credit appears on Rochester College’s pre-approved credit list.
- Students who wish to have professional training evaluated should request a transcript from the American Council on Education.
- Students who wish to have military training evaluated should request a military transcript from the American Council of Education.
Students should consult the registration packet for related costs and talk with an assessment counselor regarding details and eligibility.
Learn more about CEL