Programs & Majors
Rochester College cultivates academic excellence, principled character, servant leadership, and global awareness through a rigorous educational experience that integrates liberal arts and professional studies within an inclusive Christian heritage.
Through our mission we affirm the following:
- A quality education stresses excellence and trains students to perform scholarly research, to think critically and creatively, and to be able to write and speak effectively.
- An educated person reveres God and is committed to truth and justice.
- An educated person is able to connect coherently the spiritual truths of God with the wisdom of humanity embodied in the arts and the sciences.
- A Christian education demonstrates that a vibrant faith compels a life of personal virtue and social responsibility.
- An educated person is not afraid to pursue truth through open investigation and is able to assess and evaluate all truth claims through well- developed skills for critical thinking.
- An educated person possesses a lifelong desire to grow intellectually and spiritually.
- An educated person views a vocation as an opportunity for service and stewardship, rather than a passport to privilege.
- This community, its professors, and administrators promote and incarnate all of the above affirmations within a nonsectarian Christian orientation.
Rochester College accomplishes our mission through characteristics such as the following:
- A fully-accredited academic curriculum
- A close-knit campus community
- A cultivation of the moral and spiritual development of our students
- An Honors Program for academically gifted students
- A community-wide support system for students, such as the ACE Lab
- A wide array of scholastic opportunities, such as international programs in Europe, Asia and Africa.