Perhaps you have never given much thought to the amount of work that goes into creating a 30-second commercial,but Elizabeth Flora has. As junior producer at Team Detroit, a full-service advertising agency serving brands such as Ford, Bosch and Carhartt, this RC alumna knows exactly what it takes to reach the consumer through effective and interesting television.

Elizabeth graduated from Rochester College in 2010 with a bachelor of science degree in mass communication. She also completed the broadcast arts program at Specs Howard School of Media Arts in 2009. During her time as a student, Elizabeth interned with WDIV Channel 4, where she worked with the digital department on coverage of local high school football games and worked as a personal assistant for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

This internship led her to gain more experience as a runner for ABC’s “Extreme Makeover,” and eventually landing her dream job at Team Detroit, where her workdays hardly ever look the same. One day she might be out on a shoot. The next she might be in meetings or sitting in on an editing session—it all depends on where she’s at in the process of seeing a commercial grow from an idea to a fully-executed reality. Elizabeth also gets to travel on a regular basis because many of the people Team Detroit partners with are located in California.

Elizabeth attributes the opportunities she’s had to the education and hands-on training she found in RC’s mass communication program. “I was able to get an amazing internship that helped me get an amazing job because of my decision to attend Rochester College. Having the opportunity to attend Specs as part of a college degree plan set me apart from other graduates in my field,” Elizabeth said.

She continues, “RC and Specs were a huge stepping-stone in my dream to become a producer. Without my schooling, Team Detroit wouldn’t have even glanced my way for a job. I received the experience and knowledge that have helped me excel in the environment that I am in now. This is what I’ve always wanted to do. Making something from the beginning to end is a wonderful feeling. I wouldn’t want to be doing anything else!”