When I came to Rochester College as a freshman in the fall of 2006, I had no idea about the scope of what this small yet dynamic college would offer me over the course of my undergraduate experience. As a person with a deep appreciation for rigorous academics, I have grown and developed as a student and been challenged in positive ways towards high achievement. From general education classes to upper division psychology courses, I have been intrigued and motivated by my professors and class work.

The professors and administration pour their hearts and lives into the college community as genuine participants. I’ve been invited into the homes of a number of my professors for dinner, conversation, and board games. The small school atmosphere promotes increased access to leadership opportunities which build both your character and resume. Rochester College is a unique environment that invites its students to actively join in its community.

I’ve been involved here in many ways. In my freshman year, I had the opportunity to go to the Bronx on a Spring Break mission trip, and in my sophomore year I spent a semester studying abroad in Vienna, Austria. Currently I am a senior Behavioral Science/Social Work major with a minor in Philosophy, finishing my degree by completing an internship in social work at a transitional housing facility for homeless women with children. I’m a Trustee Scholar and a Resident Advisor as well as a tutor in the Academic Center for Excellence. I’ve enjoyed my time at RC immensely—it has taught me how to think critically, rise to challenges with courage, and contribute positively to a vibrant community.

My-Rochester-College-Slogan-Blue