Emily PoletAdmissions Recruiter
248.218.2160

Hey there! My name is Emily Polet and I’m a member of the admissions recruiting team at Rochester College. If you are trying to figure out where to go for a quality post-high school education, I am here to help you. My job is to journey with you as you make the all-too important decision of which college will best prepare you for your long-term goals. Some people are looking to just get a degree, but if you are looking for a learning experience that is community-focused and relationship-driven, I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that Rochester College is the place for you. :)

This may sound like high praise from someone who is just employed by the school, but I say all of this from personal experience, as I am also a recent RC graduate. I graduated in December 2010 with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in Psychology and Religion. I was challenged and stretched academically and in many other ways, both inside and outside of the classroom.

During my time as a student, I was involved in Autumn, the A Cappella Chorus, Theatre, Celebration and Sigma Phi Delta Nu. I also participated in two Spring Break mission trips to inner-city Detroit and two summer-long internships to Uganda in East Africa. These opportunities to gain practical knowledge and grow as a citizen of the world supplemented my academic career at Rochester College, and the combination created a wonderfully holistic learning experience for me.

The most valuable thing about a Rochester College education, in my opinion, is the dedication of the faculty and staff to student growth and success. The small size of our school creates an environment where professors are able to cultivate relationships with students in a way that is simply not practical to expect in a larger school. I could talk all day long about situations where professors from this campus have poured into my development, not just as a student, but as a person.

Bottom line, I love Rochester College. :) When I’m not spending time encouraging prospective students to check us out, I sing with the Madrigal Chorale of Southfield; I occasionally perform as an alumni in plays with the Rochester College theatre department; and I have fun playing around on the piano and guitar. I am a member of the Rochester Church of Christ, and I also enjoy working part-time at Best Buy. I spend whatever free time I have left hanging out with my friends, my parents, my three sisters and my two favorite little kids — my nieces, Julia and Makenna.

!